The school’s LIBRARY is open to all students from Grade III onwards. All classes have Library period in their weekly schedule. Students visiting the Library have to observe the following rules:
- Every student shall borrow and read books from Library each month, as per the schedule.
- Until the previously issued book is returned, students will not be eligible for a fresh issue.
- Reference books are not for issue. These books can be read only in the Library.
- If books are returned late without a valid reason, the borrowing facility will be withdrawn for a period of up to 4 weeks.
- Books marked, disfigured, damaged or lost while in possession of borrowers will have to be replaced by them, failing which their parents will be billed thrice the cost of the book.
- Any student found deliberately damaging or defacing a book may be debarred from the Library for the entire term or academic year and a heavy fine will be levied.
- The Library has an open access system, and the students must help maintain the order and organization of the collection in different shelves.
- They must place the books in the shelves strictly according to the call numbers, after consultation with the Library In-charge.
- Students are not allowed to bring their personal books or belongings to the Library
- Library books should be returned in time (within 1 week) for which parents have to take full responsibility.
- Silence to be maintained in the Library.
- Students of Class III onwards get another opportunity to enjoy reading age-appropriate books every alternate week through their classroom. An added objective of this exercise is to inculcate the abilities of responsible management of resources and care for books in our students. The entire process of the book issue and return, collection of fine, care and maintenance will be managed by students themselves. These books allotted to class will be issued and returned during specified class hours. If a student fails to return a book in time, her/his borrowing facility may be withdrawn for a period of up to 4 weeks.