Delhi World Public School, Barasat is a progressive and up growing institution under the aegis of Delhi World Foundation. In order to realize the highest ideal of education , to nurture the sterling qualities of an all rounded personality and to inculcate healthy competition with maintenance of individual identities under perfect care without constraining inherent qualities. We at Delhi World Public School need your co-operation with all your resources (Physical, Social and Economic) in this to help us in achieving our goal.
- Parents/Guardians are an integral part of the school and the school expects them to co-operate in enforcing all the guidelines that will benefit the child and assist in the smooth functioning of the school.
- The school insists on strict punctuality , regular school attendance ,regulations regarding uniform , cleanliness in dress , good grooming and fidelity to study and work assignments.
- Parents/Guardians are requested to encourage their child to take a balanced interest in academics, co-curricular activities, games and sports etc.
- Parents/Guardians are advised to strictly avoid criticism of school and school teachers in the presence of the child as it may lead to loss of respect for school/school teachers which may in turn lead to failure to learn from him/her resulting in lack of child’s progress.
- School Management committee may change its policy in its decision.
- Parents/Guardians must visit school’s website on regular basis to know all the necessary information of the school’s activities.
- Children when sick should not be sent to school to attend tests/classes.
- Parents/Guardians are requested not to enter classroom to see their children or teachers during school hours without prior permission of the Principal.
- Parents/Guardians must provide the school with correct mobile numbers and also inform about the changes (if any) so that SMS containing important messages can be sent to them.
- Parents are requested to inform the school if there is any change in their address and telephone numbers.
Parents are requested to impart health education to their children to enable the following:
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Eat balanced diet.
- Drink clean water.
- Follow a regular exercise schedule.
- Have an adequate sleep of at least 8 hours.
Parents are expected to:
- Immunize their children as per the doctor’s advice.
- Not send children suffering from conjunctivitis, chicken pox, measles, influenza, mumps etc. to school till the prescribed period of infection is over.
- Produce a doctor’s certificate permitting the child to attend school when a student returns to school after suffering from an infectious or contagious disease.
- Inform the school authorities in writing if the child is suffering from a chronic decease stating the history of illness and special precautions to be taken, if any.
- The school has a well-equipped medical room and school provides first-aid to a child in case of need.
- A comprehensive annual medical checkup of each child is done by qualified doctors to monitor the child’s physical growth.
- A medical card to record the health status and growth status of the child is maintained and a report thereof is sent to the parents for information and necessary action.
Nursery to Standard II: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Standard III to VI: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The school would like parents to maintain a close rapport with their ward’s teachers and meet them periodically. The Principal and members of the faculty will make every effort to make them available to meet parents on request, at mutually convenient times on working days, by prior appointment. Parents are required to call up the school in advance to ask for an appointment and visit the school only after they have been given a confirmed time and date.
Any visiting parent seek to meet school authorities or teachers without appointment, they may be denied the request.
Visiting Hours to meet The Head of the School: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Subject to changes)
SCHOOL OFFICE HOURS
9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Monday–Friday)
9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Saturday)
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Summer Break & Christmas break)
School Office will remain closed on Sunday and other holidays of the month.
School office hours mentioned above are subject to changes